Services & Election Information

Home / Services & Election Information

Services & Election Information

For Aloha Township

Elected Officals

For more information on any township services listed below (or unlisted), please contact:

Teresa Sullivan – Clerk
Phone: (231) 625-9003

Garbage Pick-Up

Last Thursday of each month; up to five bags may be placed out for pickup.


Recycle bins are located behind Township Hall on Mann Road. To make use of County sites please have your recycle permit in plain view on dashboard. County locations and recyclable products/descriptions: Click Here.

Dust Control

More information to come soon!

Oak Hill Cemetery

Oak Hill Cemetery is located in Benton Township just north of Aloha Township, five miles south-east of Cheboygan on M-33 in Cheboygan County. Oak Hill Cemetery, is owned by the Townships of Aloha, Benton, Grant and Mullett. It is operated and managed by a Cemetery Board.

Absent Voter Ballots

Absentee ballots are available to you for all elections if:

  • You are unable to vote without assistance;
  • You are 60 years of age or older;
  • You expect to be absent from your township on election day;
  • You are in jail, awaiting arraignment or trial;
  • You are unable to attend the polls because of religious beliefs;
  • You have been appointed as an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside.

If you want the ballot mailed, make your request early to allow for delivery. You may also vote in person at the Township Clerk’s home office anytime up to the day before the election. All absent voter ballots must be received by the clerk not later than 8 PM on Election Day.

Absentee Ballots are available by submitting the application below:

Mail Application to:

Clerk Teresa Sullivan
4098 Mann Road
Cheboygan, MI 4972

Election Inspectors

Have you considered working as an election inspector? Inspectors are people who are paid to assist voters at the polls on election day. Registered voters interested in serving as election inspectors must submit the application below to the clerk.

To be appointed you must be a registered voter of Cheboygan County. If appointed you may be asked to work in a township other than the one you are a registered voter in. You cannot be a challenger, candidate, member of a candidates immediate family, or a member of the local board of canvassers. Anyone convicted of a felony or an elections crime may not serve.